- Architectural design, deployment and management experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services) more recently with Microsoft Azure clouds in public and hybrid model architectures. Experience with helping the first steps of an enterprise into the cloud and migration to Cloud. Good understanding and experience with automated build pipeline environments, CI/CD e.t.c
- Current with vendor and Gartner best practices around serverless compute, containerisation and leveraging SaaS and cloud native PaaS solutions over IaaS. Capable of on-prem. versus cloud infrastructure comparisons and recommendations.
- Design of Business continuity same-site and multi-site Cloud DR solutions using AWS/Azure multi-availability zone architectures.
- Strong understanding and implementation knowledge of secure by design Cloud deployments to meet government and regulatory requirements with regards to highly sensitive data and material workloads, to meet industry security benchmarks.
- Extensive enterprise level on-prem VMware platform design, deployment and management experience. Blade, Networking & SAN/NAS array storagesolutionsthrough multiple successful implementations.
- Extensive infrastructure capacity planning, datacentre server consolidation & datacentre relocation experience.
- Team management experience managing teams of 4-8 technical and non-technical individuals, known to be a likeable leader, leading by example and passion around the technology. Used to senior stakeholder management and building strong relationships with management peers.
- Team and project financials, budgeting, Opex Vs Capex, Fixed Vs Variable cost, cost centre chargebacks, understanding of corporate financial systems e.g. P&L’s and balance sheets. Control of costs of both people resources and product/technology costs for budgetary forecasting.
- Project management certification and experience using PRINCE2 and SCRUM methodologies leading teams of up to 8 team members.
- Presentation skills through customer facing consulting and leading workshops and presentations, presenting to senior stakeholders up to ‘C’ level, used to presenting to groups of up to 100 persons.